Today on #FoodFriday, I would like to share this easy from Skinny Taste, almost guilt-free recipe since the sauce it basically squash! What a clever idea to make a sauce with a vegetable! It’s a 2 for 1, you get to eat pasta and get your veggies. The good part is that it doesn’t require of a lot of ingredients.
Yeah, maybe you’d say: but sausage isn’t healthy. You might be right, but once in a while I think it’s ok. To make it healthier, I would be tempted to try it with seasoned chicken; maybe a cajun or Mexican style, something with some flavour! What do you guys think?
What you will need:
- 11 oz (4 links) spicy chicken Italian sausage
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp whipped butter
- 10 oz pasta, wheat or gluten-free
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- 4 sage leaves, sliced thin
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Read more and get the directions at https://www.skinnytaste.com/pasta-with-butternut-sauce-spicy/#tpTjIZXBfyOYcHqQ.99 or watch the video below.