Today for #FoodFriday I would like to share another yummy recipe that I discovered this week from Cooking Light.
At first, I wasn’t sure about it but told myself I would try it anyway. Let me tell ya, I was surprised. I don’t cook with sage a lot, that’s why I wasn’t sure but I am glad I tried it! It’s not only simple, but it also doesn’t require a lot of ingredients and it’s tasty!
It doesn’t mention to serve it with rice. You could eat it on its own, but I felt it needed something else and the video shows it on rice, so I made plain white rice with it.
Also, I didn’t use the butter and just used the extra juice I had left as a sauce. It would probably taste even better with it but thought I didn’t need the extra fat and I guess it makes it a bit healthier. I would be curious to try it with chicken breast instead of thighs.
I will most definitely do this recipe again!
Apricot-Sage Chicken with Carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4-oz.) skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups thinly diagonally sliced carrots
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage, divided
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced garlic
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
View instructions here
*** If you try the recipe, I’d love to hear your thoughts!