In my new year resolution, I want to try to eat more vegetarian meals. I am trying to lose some weight, so I thought it would help a little to eat more plant-based meals.
I have tried this recipe today and thought I would share with you since it was so delicious and easy to make!
Ingredients needed for this recipe:
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, including liquid
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15.5-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- crusty bread (optional)
Note: Since I couldn’t find cannellini beans, I replaced them with navy beans and I didn’t put as much olive…